In my last post, I talked about TO-DO lists, and the importance of BE-ing restored every day. That got me thinking: What are some great things to have on a TO BE list?
Be Restored. (see last week’s post for more on this)
- “He [The Lord] makes me lie down in green pastures. He leads me beside quiet waters. He restores my soul.” Psalm 23:2-3
- Restore to me the joy of Your salvation And sustain me with a willing spirit. Psalm 51:12
- I have spoken to you, that my joy may be in you, and your joy may be filled. John 15:11
Be Cherished. You are fully known and completely loved. Not because of what you do, but because of who you are: a precious creation of God’s.
- “I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with loving-kindness.” Jeremiah 31:3
- You have enclosed me behind and before, and laid Your hand upon me. Psalm 139:5
- I have called you by name; you are mine. Isaiah 43:1
Be Forgiven. There is no reason at all to keep carrying around regret and guilt and shame. Choose to receive God’s forgiveness, and forgive yourself.
- All of us, like sheep, have strayed away. We have left God’s paths to follow our own. Yet the LORD laid on him the sins of us all. Isaiah 53:6
- He has removed our sins as far from us as the east is from the west. Psalm 103:12
- Blessed are those whose transgressions are forgiven, whose sins are covered. Romans 4:7
Be Free. Let go of worry, resentment, unforgiveness, expectations for yourself and others, old habits.
- Now by “the Lord” is meant the Spirit; and where the Spirit of the Lord is, freedom is enjoyed. 2 Cor. 3:17
- For freedom did Christ set us free: stand fast therefore, and be not entangled again in a yoke of bondage. Galatians 5:1
- Don’t judge, and you won’t be judged. Don’t condemn, and you won’t be condemned. Set free, and you will be set free. Luke 6:37
- I run in the path of your commandments, for you have set my heart free. Psalm 119:32
Share with us: What’s on your TO Be list?